View Single Post
Old 02-06-2023, 06:09 PM   #6
happycoqui

Quote:
Originally Posted by dw8ite View Post
Do you need convenient storage for items like your gloves, wheel chocks, stabilizer pads, rags or tongue wheel. Here's a simple solution. I found a common triangular shaped plastic oil change pan which perfectly fits the triangular open area behind the tongue jack. This is IF you have the TM swing away tongue. You will need two of these pans; one for the bottom and one for the top. http://www.amazon.com/Blitz-05075-Tr.../dp/B000CIRAGC This will provide you with a 11"x11"x11"x15" deep storage compartment. Here's how:

Bottom:
Cut away the front corner of the bottom pan so that it fits relatively close to the jack post (leave room for the larger diameter of the wheel socket). Drill nine holes through the lip of the bottom pan and the tongue. Fasten the pan to the bottom of the tongue with self-tapping hex head screws. Drill 2 or 3 weep holes in the bottom so rain water can drain, although it is a relatively dry storage.

Top:
Cut a hole slightly larger than the tongue post diameter in the front corner of the top pan. Slide the pan over the jack post and you are done.

The bottom is stationary, while the top lifts and rotates out of the way while accessing the storage compartment. There are any number of ways to fasten the top while in transit; bunge cord, straps, bailing wire, etc. Photos of compartment can be seen at:
https://picasaweb.google.com/dlw8ite...jogqa38uaW3AE#

You now have a convenient storage you didn't have before. I'd be interested to hear what you are planning to store in yours. Be sure to keep it light. Anything you add adds directly to your tongue weight.
I have been looking for something like you are mentioning! What a great idea! Can you send a picture to see how it came out? The link does not work.... Thanks in advance!
happycoqui is offline   Reply With Quote