View Single Post
Old 10-05-2020, 06:40 PM   #16
TMfor4ofus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
TM used a number of faucet sets over the years.Most (all?) of them can be opened up from the top, so you can remove and inspect the core or mechanism inside the valve. Are both the hot and cold sides of the faucet in trouble? If so, this would suggest a problem in the outlet pipe itself - the pipe which runs water from both the hot and cold valves into the sink. It may sound silly, but I would open up the faucet mechanisms, both sides, from the top, remove the cores, and push a wire backward into the spout and back toward the valves. If there is a blockage, it might push it out to where yo can grab it with tweezers or needle-nose pliers, and remove it.

Bill
Okay so we got it flowing again. Better then ever in fact. We found a suggestion using a compressor to blow air back from the spout. So I had my wife outside and removed the screen at the city water inlet. Then if you push in the one way valve water can flow out the inlet. So while I blew air in the spout alternating opening the hot and cold a few times she pushed in the valve and water (and hopefully debris) could blast out of the inlet. What do you know it worked! Hallelujah!!! So now everything is flowing well. If for some reason it plugs up again I'll try what you said. I decided to just leave the new pump installed since its working and no leaks. It was only $60 so no big and the other benefit its now nice and quiet since I installed the silencing kit (2 hoses and male fittings). I installed the new pump sideways because I added a strainer while I was at it. I also routed and tied the hoses so that they are not touching any walls or the tank. Here's a picture of it installed and the silencing kit ($25 on amazon). Thanks as always Bill
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20201003_152422.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	4.62 MB
ID:	19557   Click image for larger version

Name:	20201004_085416.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	3.99 MB
ID:	19558