View Single Post
Old 06-05-2020, 06:18 PM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Where are you located? Eight hundred miles is indeed a long hike.

Presumably if you buy new, you will be buying from a dealer. A good dealer, such as MCD in Massachusetts, will do a very thorough pre-delivery inspection (PDI) before you arrive, and then do another with you when you pick it up. You should plan on spending a couple hours at pickup time. There are number of suggestions and lists of PDI items here on the Forum.

I think you have been reading a lot of scare stories about build problems on motor homes and upright campers coming out of Indiana. (I read Chuck's RVT, too.) They apparently have some truth for those units, though I think the stories may be overhyped. But they do not seem to apply to Trail Manor trailers. I have bought three of them, new, and never had any kind of problem like you are describing.

Another good thing is to plan a two-or-three night stay in a campground near the dealer. This will give you a chance to test everything out at your leisure, and get back to the dealer with questions. If you feel the need, you can even take your trailer back to the dealer if you come to feel the need. But I have much better confidence in TMs than the headlines would have you believe.

Of course you have to remember that if you buy used, you run the risk of unknown or undisclosed problems. And in that case, you have no warranty coverage at all.

We'll be interested in what you decide.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote