View Single Post
Old 10-19-2016, 12:02 PM   #12
Skyjim73

Ah, there you are, LoveToCamp! I could not recall your handle! I love the demeanor of this powertrain - it isn't overtly, overwhelmingly powerful, but load it up and ask it to do a job, and it responds with sort of a shrug ("Yeah, I can do this.. What else have you got?") and goes about business casually. I wonder how I'd feel towing closer to max weight on mountain grades - I anticipate no issues with the TM, but I can imagine it running out of power on a long pull towing heavier and slowing down. Also have the impression that brake fade might be an issue heavy, but need more experience on grades. The 8 speed does downshift and hold pretty nicely in tow/haul mode, but you just don't get much compression braking with the diesel. I'd always go for an exhaust brake if one were offered... Wonder if one is in the cards in 2018 Rams?

Jim
3124KB delivered 5/2015 - early unit from Nebraska. TM installed Dometic compressor fridge, lower battery rails, 4AWG batt cable, and PD converter during build. Custom RV installed cassette toilet, two 260 AH 6V batts, 2 UniSolar 64 solar panels, Morningstar MPPT controller/meter.

Tow vehicle: 2016 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman CC 4x4 3.0 diesel.
Skyjim73 is offline   Reply With Quote