View Single Post
Old 01-02-2021, 08:08 PM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Dry weight includes NO OPTIONS. Some of the options are heavy. The ones that come to mind are the air conditioner and the awning. A lot of items that are considered standard today were optional in earlier days. For example, at one time (before 2001, I think), the battery, the propane tanks themselves, and even the spare tire were considered options. In addition, the weight of an SL or SD model has always been higher than the weight for a "plain" model, so you need to know what model you have. If you want to pursue the list for your specific TM, you need to find the specs for the year and model that you have, and not another year or model. A good source would be what is called The Wayback Machine, also known as archive.org.

As you mention, there is a possibility that the scale was wrong. Was it a CAT scale, or something else? Remember, a truck scale can weigh trucks up to 100,000 pounds, so a difference of a couple hundred pounds is well within their margin of error. I would suggest that you go to a different scale - make sure it is a CAT scale - and get a second opinion.

Good luck. And I'm not sure I would put a lot of stock in the NADA RV list.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote