View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 07:32 AM   #5
davlin
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmartinez View Post
Hello, as the title suggest I would like to know if it's possible or if anyone has experience towing a 2006 3326 Trailmanor with a 2008 Toyota 4Runner with a V6 engine? The specs on the vehicle show a towing capacity of 5000lb. Fully Loaded I would expect to be somewhere in the vicinity of 4500 - 4700lbs. What optional equipment would be a necessity for safety concerns?

Would greatly appreciate any responses.

thanks
Sal,

You've already gotten some good posts from others, but I'll add my two cents. I towed a 1995 3326, first with a 1998 F150 with a 4.6L V8, and then with a 2004 F150 with a 5.4L. I believe you will NOT be happy trying to tow one with anything less than a 7,000 lb. tow capacity. Whatever tow vehicle you decide upon, it must have an auxiliary transmission cooler (transmission fluid routed through the radiator is NOT a transmission cooler), it must have a brake controller and 7 pin connector for the trailer, and depending on the tongue weight of the trailer and the suspension of the tow vehicle (TV) it may need a weight distributing hitch (WDH). You most certainly will need a WDH if you decide to tow a 3326 with the 4Runner. Additionally, you will want to make sure your side mirrors extend far enough out so you can see what's going on with the trailer when it's connected. Hope this helps.

Dave
davlin is offline   Reply With Quote