View Single Post
Old 01-31-2019, 10:08 PM   #7
rd1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrucePerens View Post
My 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee AWD Limited with the 3.6-liter V6, 8-speed transmission, Trailer Tow package IV, and Continental Terrain Contact tires gets about 16 MPG pulling my 2004 3023. I get 17-20 without it.

I use a Blue Ox WDH. I have never experienced wind blowing the trailer around. I most notice how much more difficult the combination is to stop. I am going to adjust the trailer brakes and see if I can help that, but in general the trailer brakes are not expected to do more than keep the trailer straight behind the tow vehicle.

All of this would be worse with any heavier trailer. My wife fell in love with a Lance at the Pleasanton CA RV show and was ready to buy it for a day. Fortunately she got over that, but we might well consider the Lance when we get too old to deal with lifting shells, etc.
The wife and I have both drooled over a couple of Lances also. The dealer we got our Viking from carries them. They are nice, and priced to match if you buy new. Of course the TM's aren't cheap either. We'd probably buy second hand this time if we do end up trading. I'll hopefully be at least semi-retiring in 4 or 5 years and have more time to hit the road, and less money to do it lol. For that reason the TM's are tempting for the ease of towing, fuel savings and will fit inside my shop. My Viking is too tall for that. Thanks for your input. My truck has the 8 speed tranny like your Jeep. Sure makes a difference.
rd1960 is offline   Reply With Quote