View Single Post
Old 12-03-2011, 09:19 AM   #9
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcycleguy View Post
I appreciate your comments. But, I'm not able to do the same thing with WDH, when I'm not using the truck to tow. The air bags assist me when I use the truck to haul heavy items. When I tow, the tongue weight of the TM does not require a WDH with the Tundra.

Its only when I carry and tow in combination that I will use air bags and WDH.

thanks,

rv
Air bags should not be used to level out your TV. If your truck is sagging at any time, i.e. the back goes down much further than the front, your weight is not properly distributed. When you tow, you can compensate for this to a degree using a WDH. When you are not towing, you cannot compensate at all for this (that I know of). As others (and myself) had stated here, air bags do nothing to distribute weight, and they certainly, absolutely, positively DO NOT increase the payload capacity of your vehicle. Improve ride in some cases, yes.

You will do yourself a huge favor if you take 10 min and read through this old but authoritative thread on this very topic:

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=2659

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is offline   Reply With Quote