View Single Post
Old 01-15-2006, 08:06 PM   #5
RockyMtnRay
TrailManor Master

Question Where will you (mostly) be towing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gateway
If I do get a new one, what should I get? The 3500 with the 6L or Diesel can pull upto 10,000lb with the 4.10 axle(and pretty poor mpg). The 06 1500 with 5.3L will get 20mpg, the 3500 probably is around 10mpg. Also would it be of any beneit to get the 155 in wheelbase?

The 1500 is available with full time AWD(no low range). The other way to get a proper 4wd it the Quigley 4x4 option that replaces the drivetrain with a real 4wd setup.
Can't really answer until we know in what region(s) of the country you'll be doing most of your towing. As I stated above...and my co-moderator Bill has stated many times in other threads, WHERE you will mostly tow makes a bigger difference in tow vehicle requirements than any other factor.

I use my TM as a base camp for hiking, kayaking, mountain biking, and climbing Colorado's 14ers

The Trailer: 2002 TM Model 2720SL ( Mods: Solar Panels (170 Watts), Dual T-105 Batteries, Electric Tongue Jack, Side AC, Programmable Thermostat, Doran TP Monitor System)

The Tow Vehicle: 2003 Toyota Tundra V8 SR5 4X4 w/Tow Package (Towing & Performance Mods: JBA Headers, Gibson Muffler, 4.30 gears, Michelin LTX M/S Tires, Prodigy Brake Controller, Transmission Temperature Gauge)

RockyMtnRay is offline   Reply With Quote