View Single Post
Old 06-23-2007, 01:24 PM   #5
SneakyFrog

Ugh Bill. Just read the brake controller article. This whole trailer deal has a huge learning curve for us, but we're getting there with your help. (By the way I picked up a 2 ton hydraulic jack for $13 from Lowes yesterday, just in case we needed it! ) The good news is that, according to RMRay we can get a new brake controller for $200 - not too much scratch - so we'll do that once this problem is fixed.

So its now noon on the day after. Our Sienna is getting diagnosed at the shop. The mechanic has a guess that it is the brake switch, but they haven't actually looked at the problem yet. BUT GET THIS, my husband was coming home from work on Friday to go on this trip and a neighboring driver told him that his brake lights were out on our Nissan with about 70k miles. They were fine last week - he noticed them last weekend. He took it into the shop this morning, since we're home anyway (right), and they told him its the BRAKE SWITCH .

What are the chances of this happening within one day of eachother to both vehicles that have no history of problems? Neither of our vehicles will be fixed until mid to late next week.

Another idea has crept into the minds of those I have discussed this with. Is it possible the TM has a short that caused both it and the Sienna to fail? Guess I should stop guessing until the Sienna mechanic figures out the problem.