View Single Post
Old 03-25-2024, 09:35 AM   #3
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&C-Nevada View Post
Hello, I have a 2002 2720 SL. Trailer was derelict in vacant lot when I bought it from an older couple. I've been working on it as time permits. The question I have is about the tongue jack. It is a sidewind jack. The decal is illegible, but I presume from reading this forum that it is an Atwood 1000 lb jack. Yesterday I was installing an Anderson weight distribution hitch. Installation instructions call for lifting the front of trailer and rear of tow vehicle to the "at rest" bumper height. In doing so, I believe that I've put too much load on the jack and stripped the gears of the jack. Is there a replacement gear kit available? I believe that I've found the correct part number, Kit #25524, but I can't find a seller. Alternatively, I've looked at replacing the jack. I've found a Dutton-Lainson jack with a 2-inch diameter with 1000 lb capacity. Are there any 2-inch diameter jacks with a capacity greater than 1000 lb? Thanks for your help. SCR
One of these gear kits will fit. It's a pretty simple set up but I found that they just keep stripping.
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=trailer+j..._ts-doa-p_1_21

I recently bought this tongue jack. I've used it a lot and it's really a good one. If you are going to install a WDH (of any kind), it's best to get an electric jack because lifting the trailer tongue and tow vehicle at the same time is a lot of stress on a gear driven manual jack. The electric jacks are screw driven and will take a lot more weight.

Just be aware that you may have to grind out the lower hole, in the trailer tongue, about 1/4" to accommodate this jack. It beats me why the factory chose to make those holes 2 different sizes.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1