View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 10:46 AM   #19
Jim&Joan

I'll just add +1 for the Foodsaver and the Coleman Extreme. We use them both extensively. The Foodsaver is great for home food prep and just migrated to being our method of packaging for camping.

I like to smoke various meats, so we have packs for lunches and dinners. Other things - lots of grilling, in addition to meats, we grill lots of veggies; asparagus, green beans, peppers and onions to name a few.

Foodsaver packs that are starters for stew and chili. Sloppy Joe's and fajitas, tacos or burritos are also favorites. Tortillias heat up in foil pack to the side with some moisture added while skirt steak and peppers grill.

We cook mainly outside on grill and burners, but agree with Pop on the cookies. Funny story on the cookies...we tent camped the whole time our daughters were growing up. After they were both in college we bought the trailer (which raised their eyebrows, naturally.) On a late fall college visit to oldest, youngest went with and friends were invited from campus. One never camped before the other was self described as 'raised by wolves' :-) So they show off their open fire foil pack skills and youngest goes in trailer and bakes cookies. Half way thru the cookies, the rookie, after coming out of the trailer where they ate, sitting in her chair by the fire with hot chocolate and cookies says, "You know this camping isn't so bad." ... To which BOTH my girls said in harmony, " OH NO YOU DON"T..."