View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 04:40 AM   #7
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

Default Cumberland Falls SP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravlinOn View Post
The DW and I are also planning a similar route during the late Spring - she has to retire first and then we'll be on our way. Looking forward to your comments and camp stays.

You already have a number of places to stay in Ky, but I'll add one that I just put on my list of "possibles" that you might like: Cumberland Falls State Park, near Corbin, Ky.

http://tinyurl.com/2cj5njf

The attraction, at least for us, is this description:
"... Imagine a wall of water falling 60 feet into a boulder-strewn gorge, a whispering mist that kisses the face and a magical moonbow visible on a clear night under a full moon. Known as the "Niagara of the South," the 125-foot wide curtain of water is dramatic day or night. But it's only at night during a full moon that you can see the moonbow, a phenomenon not found anywhere else in the Western Hemisphere!"
Not sure whether there is a moderate hike in order to get to the falls, but we like to think that we can still make it -

"Life is an adventure - make the most of it!"
We were there about 18 years ago, nice place.

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote