View Single Post
Old 03-31-2019, 06:35 PM   #8
BrucePerens
TrailManor Master

I've taken my Trailmanor to an offroad property I have around Macdoel, California. If you don't irrigate, it's high desert. The neighbor grows hay and ranches cows. It probably was about 3 miles on gravel and another 1.5 on dirt. I would not make a habit of that, just because nobody's graded the road in a long time. A real off-road trailer has coil springs and shock absorbers. The Trailmanor has a rubber axle made for paved roads. I bought a 40' high-cube one-trip freight container for that property, as a fixed campsite, and won't pull the trailer there again.

I think I had more problems from jostling than dust. I did scratch up the bathroom door, and had to buy a roll of woodgrain vinyl to fix it. I'd pack it more carefully next time.

If you bring a broom on an extension handle, and brush off the rear shell before closing the front one, there will be less intrusion of leaves and twigs. Larger tree fall is liable to make dents on the inside ceiling of the front shell if you don't remove it. But there are always some leaves and twigs to be cleaned away after opening the camper.