View Single Post
Old 03-31-2019, 04:49 PM   #7
FlyboyTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldstick View Post
To clarify my earlier comments, yes the rear edges of the top shell have a good seal along the top and down both sides assuming the seal is in good shape. No issues with water getting in there whether open or closed and traveling. I was referring to the seals along the bottoms of the shells along the sides of the trailer. They don't provide as tight of a contact when closed as the upper bag type seals and don't seal out dust as well when traveling. At least on mine this is the case. No issues with rain water splashing up that high.

As far as weight, my opinion is most any of the TMs are FAR above the class of most any canvas pop-up, despite what they claim at the manufacturer. Not intending to start a debate on this subject, but depending on what your existing travel trailer is, you could be disappointed at how heavy the TM's actual weight turns out to be.
Thanks! Our TT is a Surveyor Cadet SC189. Dry weight is 3,850 with tandem axle. We are leaning towards the TM 2720 SL which should come in under 3k dry (according to what I'm reading). So I'm seeing lighter and low profile which should make towing easier.

We tow with a Lexus GX470, V8, 4x4, 6,500lb tow rating. it is a beast. This vehicle is also modified and we use it for our offroad/softroad adventures. For us...anything away from the pavement has the potential to bring something new and exciting.
FlyboyTR is offline   Reply With Quote