View Single Post
Old 10-05-2022, 10:00 AM   #17
benjburton

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLilly View Post
I looked at transfer switches and electrically held DPDT contactors but didn't feel like investing the time. Ended up plugging a good quality extension cord into my 1800 watt inverter which is mounted in the rear with my two 6 volt golf cart batteries. Plug the other end into a 120 volt adapter for the TrailManor cord. Easy Peasey. Totally eliminates any chance of being plugged into shore power while plugged into inverter power.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavery View Post
The issue with doing that is that you are running your converter to charge the batteries while using the batteries to run the inverter which charges the batteries to run the inverter.... phew!! Made me tired just thinking about it.

Of course, you could put an "on/off" switch on the converter. Just remember to use it.
Wow, why did I never think of that! Great solution!

So I guess the only downside is a little extra battery drain in order to power your converter so that it can, uh, charge your battery? While a little odd when you think about it, I don't see this as a big concern given the simplicity of the solution. It doesn't seem that it would cause a problem, unless I'm missing something?