View Single Post
Old 06-21-2020, 02:14 PM   #3
Larryjb
Site Sponsor

I think what Cire74 says make quite a bit of sense, but the offer also depends on the condition of other components as well, some of which are hard to assess by pictures.

1) How easy is it to lift the shells? It should be pretty easy, I can do my front shell with one hand and I'm not a big guy. It can be adjusted, but if the adjustment is maxed out, you're looking at new torsion bars which is a lot of work.

2) It is common for the vinyl flooring to separate and make the floor feel spongy. The water could have been from washing dishes, wet shoes who knows. When I ripped out my flooring I discovered that the water had degraded and separated the aluminum from the styrofoam from underneath as well. It was repairable, but how many repairs do you want to make for $10,000?

3) The rust around the vent indicates they have been leaking for some time and need resealing. This water may have leaked down and rotted the luan plywood by the kitchen.

4) The bag seals are stapled to wood. This wood may have rotted out and would need replacing.

All of the above is repairable. How much work do you want to do? Can you assess this easily over the phone and with pictures?

I got my 2001 2720 for about $6000. But here on the west coast, that represented a good deal because Trailmanors are usually quite expensive out here. I knew I'd be repairing things myself, and I have had to do so, actually more than I would have liked.

2002 Tahoe
2008 4.6 Explorer
2001 2720SD

Various TM images that you may or may not find elsewhere:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/album.php?u=11700
Larryjb is online now   Reply With Quote