View Single Post
Old 05-21-2011, 03:49 PM   #9
Philip

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokilo View Post
I have installed all new brakes on both wheels for reasons noted in my previous post and out of paranoia I replaced all wiring from the refrigerator bay junction to each wheel with marine grade wire. I could not get lockup at any setting of my prodigy 2 controller with brakes warmed up as required. I adjusted the brake shoes twice with no great effect.

After I replaced the suspect wiring from the refrigerator bay junction to the wheels I got about 10% more current flow to the brakes than by just replacing the obviously corroded sections found earlier.

At this point I am satisfied that I have achieved adequate braking considering the high traction of this single axle system. A setting of 9 with no boost seems to work ok. The trailer seems to be taking care of itself and not pulling the TV back which could lead to fade on long downhills. It is not pushing the TV at all during braking.
Thank you for the feedback,

I agree with your wire upgrade. I am at least going to replace the wire nuts with high quality crimp on connectors with adhesive sleeves. Will do the wiring when I get a chance.

I plan to reduce my controller setting to ~8 from the 10 I am at now. Will probably stay at boost 1 as I am now. I get the same feel as you when towing.

Take care,

Phil

TM - 2008 2720, 15" Wheels, Two 4D Lifeline AGM Batteries, Linklite Battery Monitor, Self Adjusting Brakes.
Philip is offline   Reply With Quote