View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 04:51 AM   #1
FightinIrish

Default A new tire guinea pig "Denman" tire.

Add me to the list of upgraded 15" tire guinea pigs. I just purchased three new Denman ExpressST 275-75-R15 trailer tires on 15" x 6" rims. They are D rated with a load capacity of a bit over 2800 lbs. Only drawback, and I am working with Denman is the max psi is 80. In an effort to not "beat the trailmanor to death", Im working with them to see if I can run them at a lesser psi to soften the ride. It is kind of a catch 22. We are all looking for an increased load capacity to aid in the "overloading" of the OEM tires but at the same time, keeping the best ride possible. Since most of my trailering is on good highways, I opted for the load capacity and will hopefully be able to lessen the pressure to aid in the ride.

I do know there was some talk or comments by bill I believe about trying to put the 15" tires on without a lift kit. I tried it last night. Put the tires on, tightened everything down, lowered the scissor jacks and the clearance between the wheel well and the top of the tire was just shy of 1", too close for comfort especially with an empty trailer. Adam is sending me the lift kit so I should be in good shape.

Ill keep you all up to date as to the wear and ride of the Denman's. I will say the tire store owner said if I was looking for a bias ply tire, he would not have suggested the Denmans but with a radial, he has had great success for the past five years. Oh yeah, almost forgot, checked all the dates and they were made in 2907, 3007 and 3107 so they are pretty darn new. Made sure of that.