View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 04:26 PM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Many folks have found that a Honda EU2000 will not do the job reliably, even at low altitudes, though a few folks (not many) have found that it will start it once or twice. However, I have recently been reminded that there is a device called a "hard start capacitor" for retrofit in the air conditioner. This device is not snake oil, and it might very well help. Use the Search tool on the term - we have discussed it extensively. I don't think we have any reports of "hard start capacitor" PLUS "generator", though.

I have also been told that using synthetic oil will help. Again, no reports on this forum. How 'bout one of you folks with the EU2000 try out these fixes and let us know? Yes, this is a challenge! I bought a EU1000 because "an EU2000 won't do the job, so why buy the extra capacity". Can someone make me rethink my decision? I would love to!

I think we have had several good reports about the capability of the Yamaha 2400 in this regard. Apparently that little bit of extra capacity gets you over the hump. But it is a beast ...

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote