View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 04:35 PM   #13
Brittany Dogs
TrailManor Master

Dealers seem to say great things about any tow vehicle. If you blow your transmission or engine, they have no real responsibility in the situation. Especially a legal one. I agree 100% with Bill. I pull my 2720SD with a vehicle rated at 6000 pounds capacity and 600 pounds tongue weight and it is just about OK in the hills of the Adirondacks. I believe in "margin" in doing things. Towing a 3500 pound trailer with a 3500 pound capacity tow vehicle offers no margin. Add on outside temperature, hills and extra cargo we all tend to take when camping and well things tend to get exceeded fairly quick.

Just my honest opinion.
2011, Model 2720SD, 13.5k btu Dometic Low Profile Penguin II with a user installed Easy-Start modification, "Jack" TV Antenna, 15" Goodyear Marathon 225/75R15D Tires on Alloy Wheels, Swing Hitch, Electric Tongue Jack, Front Window (now an option). Powered with a Honda 2000i or 3000 handi (depending on the weather) generator when dry camping. Powered with two 6V Trojan T145 batteries when I need to run silent and deep. TV = 2016 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab w/ WDH.

Home Port: Western New York.
Brittany Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote