View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 07:08 AM   #16
ng2951

Quote:
...I shared my cousin's Tent Railer. It was my first tent trailer experience. It was much nicer than a tent, but I am set on having a hard shell all around.

I am still looking for a rental opportunity before purchasing...
Camping Lady, just in case you find it too difficult to locate and coordinate a TM rental, the big difference between the TM in camping mode is aisle space. Many of the trailers out there today have more aisle space than a TM. Some might add that not too many trailers have the recirculating toliet, but I never had the problems with it that a few seemed to have.

If you rent a trailer without slideouts you have a pretty decent TM simulator. If you remember that storage is limited, the refrigerator is smaller than a lot of trailers (but not tent trailers), you are going to be close.

When you go to one of the TM rallies you will figure out the differences pretty quick. I think you will find that the window space is closer to what the tent trailer had, just with much better walls. In our Puma Unleashed it is one of the things we miss is being able to look a full 360 degrees around the TM. It was sure nice from the bed to look out of the windows so easily.

As folding campers go it, I don't think anyone is as competitive as TM. I just wish they were making a 3326 and one with the mods I suggested...