View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 11:42 AM   #5
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Buying a trailer is not like buying a car.

Buying a car that has been involved in an accident may have safety implications. That's why CarFax and some of these other "Reporting" sites were designed.

There are obviously no safety issues here (it has been used for 5 years without falling apart). What remains is a basic....9-year-old trailer/RV that had a repair done 5 years ago. Seems like that could actually be a bonus....especially if one of the roof shells was replaced.

Remember, he is not obligated to disclose the accident to you or anyone else. He probably disclosed it to you because he is a friend. He may or may not disclose that fact to others. Not sure that I would or not...... It really doesn't seem to be relevant and could cause more problems than it is really worth. Sounds like a pretty good friend to me.

Can you use the "Accident Card" as a bargaining tool?....... Probably........do you want to jeopardize a friendship?........probably not. I guess it all boils down to priorities here.

What I do know is that if you keep messing around, it won't be an issue because it will be sold to someone else. . How much does he want for it?