View Single Post
Old 07-26-2009, 06:09 PM   #10
chopslot

9,600 lbs, Most wonderful!! Good points about the AC, Awning, Cabinets, Propane Tanks, Batteries etc!....but it's going to be close. It will be a significant drive to see/inspect and drive, but in the spirit of adventure, I'm going for it. I'm thinking that I will load up with the type of gear, I would plan to bring with along, in order to drive and assess with an aproximate load. One thing going in my favor is that most of my gear has been chosen amongst other things from a weight perspective. I was planing to go to a weigh station to check overall weight. Our family owned a TT when the kids where little, ****ed over to backpacking as they got older...and now with a baby granddaughter (our first) we decided to go back to the days of car/TT camping. I am really intrigued by the TM and hope that the 3124kb will prove to be a good fit for this next chapter in our families life. In order to fit everyone we will likely bring our Honda CRV along for additional passenger room and cargo when we bring everyone. Over the past few years we have always gone on summer trips typically the Oregon Coast, Olympic Peninnsula, Montana, BC. We have typically rented a vacation place, and now with this purchase we will be approaching these same areas from whole new perspective i.e. hopefully National Forest (free camping), and quiet state parks. We will bring along light weight backpacking equipment and a North Pole Party 30' party tent for outside time. Blah, blah, blah,
Many of you have helped inspire my wanderlust
thanks