View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 09:55 AM   #22
larroni

Default Would we be insulting the TM seller?

Hi Again, this will probably be my last question as a prospective TM owner and I thank everyone for getting us this far with our TM purchasing experience. We ended up at Chrysler/Dodge to get tow pacakge on our Town and Country but was told it can't be added, had to be installed when van was built. I joked to my DH that we needed a new truck now. Well, six hours later we became the proud owner's of a 2008 Dodge Dakota. Probaby won't win the 1998 23/30 TM on ebay and that won't be a big deal but there is a local TM for sale in our town that is owned free and clear, the senior owner bought himself a deisel motor home so the consigment fellow said the owner is open to all offers. We don't have much money, DH was recently forced to retire, but if we think we can swing this I want to know how much you think we could offer the seller and still not offend him? It's been sitting on the sales lot for about two months. TM is 2005 19/26 TM the owner bought new and only camped in it a couple times before buying the RV. It has the basic standard equipment that comes with most TMs but has electric jack in front and an awing, don't know if that's standard or not. DH and I already have been inside and it looks brand new, would test everything though before paying if he were to accept our offer. He is asking $12,000 but as mentioned, we are being encouraged to offer less and see what he says. We were thinking $8500 but that might be going too low and don't want to offend. What do you all think? Thanks, RJ