View Single Post
Old 06-20-2009, 06:46 AM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

TM seems to introduce improvements whenever they are ready. They don't save them up for introduction as the model year rolls over. Most improvments are incremental - a few have been more important. Among the more important ones, I can think of the changeover from square wheel wells to round ones (maybe 2000?), the changeover from sidemount air conditioner to roof mount air conditioner (around 2002), and the changeover from wood framing in the shells to aluminum framing (perhaps 1998 or so). More recently, I think they have moved from 14-inch tires to 15-inch tires on all models, and have raised the body (which a lot of buyers wanted, Search for "lift kit") but lowered the air conditioner to maintain the same overall height.

Again, these changes were not phased in at a model year cutover, and didn't occur on all models at quite the same time.

TM has always made their own frames, swing hitches, and the floor, wall and roof panels. I don't think anything has changed in that arena since I can remember.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote