View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 03:05 PM   #7
Pittsbrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by harveyrv View Post
I'm not sure what book that you are referring to but I can assure you that your 3500# tow rating is referring to what your TV can pull with the TV being empty........as in, no passengers, no cargo and very little fuel and not with, "with my typical load".

It must be kept in mind that towing is more about STOPPING and less about pulling. That's why it is important to find out what your GCWR is.
With all due respect, I am not an idiot. The Pilot book contains a chart showing available tongue weight and trailer weight under various passenger compartment loading conditions. Under my actual load conditions, it's giving me 3500 pounds. I routinely tow my 4500 pound boat/trailer with it, which is at the max allowed per the book, and so I dare say I know something about the subject.

I come from the world of aviation, where weight (and balance) is an absolutely critical consideration. I have extensive trailering experience, yes, occasionally even overloaded. I know exactly what you're talking about, and I know exactly what I'm doing when I hook up a trailer.

I just want to know about the TM, not about pulling a trailer.