View Single Post
Old 03-04-2008, 06:59 PM   #18
Buck Mills

Default Sail Ski - Boon docking

Lighting- replace current overhead lights with LED type lamps. This draws
less than a third of power per bulb saving a lot of energy.

---Can you replace the lights without problems when connected to 110. I though I heard the LED lights couldn't handle the 110/

Water- Portable or colapsable containers-I have three- Fill these up at water station load in back of Tow Vehicle. Hook up to portable 12volt pump with garden hose & fill your TM without lifting . Harbor freight sell's a small 12volt pump which when connected to a trailer adapter plug on back of tow truck/van works great.

IN my chalet I had some portable water containers that I would bring inside, sit on the counter top and had a short hose that feed out the window to gravity feed the water tank.

Tow Vehicle if pu. Made 4x6.5 ft rolling platform for truck bed. It's easy to make and put ball rollers underneath so platform will slide. The platform contains (8) plastic tubs for storage and space left over for other misc things. Will send you picture if you like. Above the platform the solar panel is mounted so all storage can slide out for easy acces have about $90 in material.

:} I currently have a truck with a touneau cover which folds in four sections so I can access items all up and down the sides. Granted I can't carry as much which the cover as I could with a full shell. Was thinking about getting a full shell when I do the long trip which has the flip up side windows, but your solution may be as good or better and cheaper.

Thanks