View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 06:46 AM   #22
mtnguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsdennert View Post
I have to say I've played with the adjustments on my shells a bit. The outside shell closes easily but is somewhat heavy to open. I guess I could crank the bars some more but I'm running out of distance. The rear shell is both tough to open and tough to close. I have to put my weight into it to overcome the friction between the shells.
At the Dealer they slide so easily....
larsdennert, since we have the same year and model TM, it also seems we have the same problems. I have my front shell front torsion bars adjusted to the stops.....the rear bars seem to raise that part OK. I found that reducing the weight in the overhead cabinet, and making sure the TM is level, it is now adjusted just right. It is amazing what a pound or 2 extra in that overhead cabinet will do. I also experience some rubbing with the rear shell but it is pretty well balanced. A couple of things I do so the rear shell doesn't rub, is to open the top door (before opening either shell), and don't latch the front shell until the rear is raised. That extra little inward pull when latching seems to matter.

Chap

Chap