View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013, 07:47 AM   #2
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

I'm not aware of any major design changes in the TM for decades. The lift system is essentially the same since the original model. Torsion bars under the chassis that lift the roofs. What you may be reading is whether there is wood or not used in the construction. Older units were built with some wood as support runners in the roofs. When a older unit had water intrusion, wood rot became an issue. That is no longer an issue. Although water still can be an issue as any RV owner will attest.

I've owned 2 TM's over the years, and other RV's and I'm not sure what " they say about the two days you own a TT or boat" What do they say? Buyers remorse?

The layout of the smaller units is queen bed in the rear area for 2 sleepers. Front bed is dbl and can accommodate 2 sleepers. Sofa is a sleeper unit for one possibly two small children.

I know some families that would put all 3 kids in the larger rear bed and use the front for the parents. One of the issues when the sofa bed is used is its difficult for the upper bed occupants to get out of that area.

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote