View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 07:35 AM   #4
clown9644

Remember that the weights are DRY and not really what you will be towing. You may need to add water if dry camping which is heavy, you will have 2 propane tanks that will add another 40+ pounds, may or may not have additional items added that are not part of the weight, such as air conditioning, awning, etc. Ask the dealer for what is part of sticker weights and what was added afterwards. If all else call the factory and they can tell you.
The good part is that the TM does not have the wind resistance as it is at the same height as your Tow Vehicle in most cases so no wind brake behind you.

Please note that you will probably need a weight distribution hitch as the tongue weight may exceed your hitch's weight without one as well as it may lift your front up and/or exceed your tv rear axle weight. Do not listen to most sales people, they will tell you all is fine in most cases (there are exceptions). You have got to get all the specs for your tv and match them to what you are towing.

In my opinion you will be right on the upper limits of your vehicle if not over them.

And NO the commode is no big deal. People complain about an odor (I don't smell it), and other issues, none of which is that big a deal. I use mine for everything and dump about every 4th day or so.