View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 06:42 PM   #7
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

I've got the 2417 SPORT, so it is 6" narrower than the new 2417 Standard model. Mine is under its cover at the moment, so I can only give you my best-recollection of dimensions.

My center aisle is about 22 - 24" wide. It is wider at the dinette than by my bathroom wall. I don't know if the drawers they would put in there in place of the shower would be the same outer dimensions, or not. If you get the Standard model, your center aisle would be more in the range of 28" - 30" wide, I believe. It is the same width of the rest of the TM line.

The floor length from the back wall to the front wall is about 10'.

Keep in mind that they have redesigned the 2417 since I got mine. The stove and sink have been moved around, as has the bathroom. The dinette is now in the front of the unit, not the back. I like this arrangement better, but it has its tradeoffs. Where they now have the shower, and where you would have your extra drawers, is next to the stove. So, you would have 3' of "counter top" to the left of the stove (don't know if they will put the counter surface on it, or a wood surface), and about 18" to the right of the stove. Further right is the dinette. If you have the dinette table set up, you will have more surface to do your prep on.

Behind you, as you stand at the stove, is the sink. It has about 3' of counter space to its right, if you are standing at the sink.

You mentioned you had a popup. So did we. Much prefer the TM, even though we have one of the smallest models. Tows much like the popup (weighs about 1,000 lbs more, though), but we have more water on-board, a heater that keeps it warm, and more comfort, overall. Get all the windows you can, as it makes a big difference.
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote