View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 05:19 AM   #3
BobRederick

B & D
I installed a battery meter in my 3326 a few weeks ago. I had to go from the back storage compartment (battery) to the converter (end of tub) to the sink where I mounted the indicator. I crawled around under and inside the TM all day Saturday, then slept on it to find a route for that.

I also had the outside shower removed which gives access to the area on the driver's side of the tub as well as all the way to the converter along the back edge of the tub.

It is nearly impossible to run a new wire in the TM wire channels. They are too full, the cables in there are stiff and don't give, and too many curves.

I drilled a hole in front of the battery into the area below the tub. Then went to the converter where I mounted the shunt (you don't need this path). Then back to the drivers wall and forward along the end of the tub. Then down thru the TM wiring/plumbing cutout and right thru the floor. Come outside between the frame rails that way. Then I ran it under the driver's side edge of the grey tank and screwed cable clamps to the flange of the tank. In front of the tank is the sink area and I went thru the floor next to the propane pipe.

Now, adapting what I did to your goal, I would investigate going thru the floor at the refrig and attach the cable to the TM underbelly using cable clamps. The front part of the path is easy but it gets a little more difficult at the grey tank. I don't know where you would be coming up into the bedroom compartment. You are on your own there!

Good luck!