Thread: Need Advice
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 01:53 PM   #9
Al-n-Sue

Default My thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaG View Post
I think the TM is a great compromise
Patrice - I think this is the key. If you recognize that a TM is a compromise of several different ideas and you are willing to live with that, then you will love it.

Many here do not like the recirc toilet - but again that is a compromise. We camp in "improved" campgrounds (anything from NFS with pit toilets to private parks with tile bathrooms) so we will always have some type of restroom available. We limit the toilet in the TM to liquid only and we have never had a problem with smell or any issues dumping.

Setup is not really a big issue. It takes us about 5 minutes to get the shells up and weather tight. A few minutes to set up the inside and then all we have left are the same things that a 5th wheel or TT would have.

Take a look at my web site with my story of how we decided to get our TM. I review some of the pros and cons there.

www.alancavin.com/trailmanor

BTW, one of the biggest pros is this forum - you will find all kinds of help from the most basic newbie questions to much more involved issues. $12 a year is cheaper than a magazine subscription and much more informative!

One other thing - if you are looking at the 3023, consider the 3124 - the extra foot of length gives you a king bed (sleep longways instead of crosswise) and a much larger storage area under the bed. It will depend on the TV you have on whether you can tow the extra weight.

Good luck. Let us know what you do.
Alan