Thread: Need Advice
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 01:49 PM   #8
TM_Matt

Like:
* Easy to set up - way easier than a tent popup - and you don't feel like every time you set up something can tear, snag or otherwise be ruined.

* Very warm and cozy but also feels like "camping" like a popup - ie, can hear the outside better than a trailer due to the soft seals between the shells.

* Pulls like a dream - no more bleedin weight distribution for me though I would get weight dist for a 3023 (mine is the 2619).

* No more getting sucked into passing semis

* 600 miles on a tank - compared to 350-375 with a TT, if you have a diesel.

Dislike:

* Can't run the propane fridge on the road

* Fridge needs a fan on while on the road

* Can't access the inside while closed (even my former popups allowed that!)

* Need to get something? You'll have to bend over? Beer? Bend over. Cups or plates? Bend over. May be less of an issue if your model has the overhead cabs but it gets super annoying. Maybe TM should give out complimentary lifting belts with the units to promote back health!

* Water capacity - mine only has 20 gal tanks. My last trailer had 40. You get used to that fast. Again, probably a non-issue with the 3023 as I bet the tanks are larger.

* Marine toilet - I don't care what rationale anyone says, the marine toilet is weak. I'd prefer a cassette toilet if that was the only option. The marine toilet is a problem waiting to happen. Oh and try to find parts for it! Thetford will basically sell the whole thing or major components which cost a lot.

* Coming from a travel trailer, it's not as easy to just stop and have lunch - or use the facility - way easier than a tent trailer but still.

Despite its compromises (every RV has them), it's still the most enjoyment I've had in RVs in a long time - and it's my 6th one. And that, as they say, is priceless.

HTH.

Matt