View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 08:37 AM   #1
davlin
TrailManor Master

Default Thetford Vinyl Skirt

So I took my Thetford toilet apart to give it a good cleaning. Since the vinyl skirt was especially nasty, I decided to replace it. I was only somewhat angry when I found out that this piece of vinyl cost about $30.

Then the real fun began. Apparently, six months ago (according to Thetford's service representative) they made the marketing decision to no longer sell the vinyl skirt as a separate part. It's now "bundled" with the cover and bowl assembly, and caps and splash guards. Wanna guess the price? $225.00. That's right folks, for 40% of the price of an entire toilet, you too can get a new vinyl skirt!

Lauren from Thetford suggested that I search the Internet for the last good part number of the vinyl skirt (33724) and see if there were any in stock at dealers. What you have to be careful of though, is that all the dealers I found whose website said they have it in stock actually don't when you call them. You order from them online, they attempt to get the part from Thetford, and then just reply back that it's on "back order." You keep thinking you'll get it some day, but you never will.

So with "shrimp burrito's" pioneer work in this area, and my own engineering, I guess I'll figure out how to make one.

Dave
davlin is offline   Reply With Quote