View Single Post
Old 02-21-2023, 05:25 AM   #2
FlyboyTR

I am in the process of installing a WeBoost RV system in our 3023. I have attached the outside antenna to my crank-up TV antenna mask. That will allow the antenna to travel flat with the roof and then be extended above the antenna when cranked up. I am running the cable down the outside wall directly above the front roof shell lifting arm. Down the arm, under the camper and then up through the floor near the refrigerator. I have not decided on the location for the inside antenna but I am sure it will be mobile and with a couple of feet of extra cable so that I can position it when in use and also lay it down for travel.

I had originally wanted to run the cable across the roof to the left rear corner of the front shell and then down the back edge of the roof and down the lift arm with the other cables. But after careful measuring, I would not have enough coax to make it to the amplifier without adding an extension. Maria at WeBoost did not recommend an extension because of signal loss. So that is why I am running it down the side of the camper. In time, I may do that a different way...but we'll just play that by ear.

I have also ordered an antenna set for our tow vehicle. A magnetic sharktooth type exterior and the normal internal antenna. Also an extra power supply. Our plan is to move the amp from the camper to the truck while towing and if our signal is weak at the campsite, unscrew the cables from the amp and move it into the camper. That way we get the best of both worlds, camper and vehicle. Maria at Weboost suggested this as we emailed back and forth. Fast responses and easy to work with.

As I slowly work on the install, I will post pictures and such. I'm just hoping it provides an improvement in signal strength while in remote areas when service is weak.

Travis