View Single Post
Old 02-20-2023, 05:45 PM   #1
live4fun

Default Cell Booster Install

I’m thinking about installing a cell phone booster into my TM 2720 unit. I looked at the components and it appears to be pretty straightforward to hook up the pieces. There is an exterior antenna and interior booster and an interior antenna all connected by coaxial cable.
My question here to you folks is where exactly on the TM have you install these components.? Most of the manufactures require 12 to 15 foot separation between the exterior antenna and the interior one. That seems to tell me that the wiring to the booster needs to go in between the split folding roof lines? Has anybody wired their cell booster sort of on the front side 1/2 of the one roof and installed the booster in that same segment of roof? Anyways, if people could explain to me where, and how they mounted the exterior antenna and where they brought the wiring to the booster that would be Informative for me to know. Also, I’m considering using a Uni directional Yagi type antenna and possibly even having that on an extendable aluminum pole. I also may consider a Uni directional smaller antenna as well. So any dialogue on the antenna type and how well it works on your TM would be super informative. I’d be grateful to you for any information you can share. Thanks, Kurt.
live4fun is offline   Reply With Quote