View Single Post
Old 04-21-2014, 08:40 PM   #29
tarudy

Dave99gst,

OK, I got your name right this time and I also took care to read your post completely this time and now I see what you said about the 20' RCA cable running under the TM. If I buy the set up you have then I think I will make a big effort to mount it on the roof so I get the best benefit out of it at night. That's when driving is most dangerous for me when I have to do lane changes at highway speeds and I'm having trouble telling what's behind and beside me.

I just had to run a whole new wire from my right tail light to the bundle under the refridgerator panel because the brown wire to the right tail light had an active short in it. I tunneled down through the foam under the tail light, and then ran the wire inside the external trim piece that runs along bottom edges of the aft shell. So I know that I can hide the wire in most but not all areas.

I'll need an RCA cable longer than 20', do you remember where you got yours?

I want to get the power for the camera from a source that will be on whenever the running lights are on, not just backing up, so that I can have good situational awareness all the time..

Thanks,
Trudy