View Single Post
Old 04-21-2014, 06:00 AM   #26
Dave99gst

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarudy View Post
Dave99gst,

Thank you for your information. I like your system the best so far and I'm on the verge of ordering it. I was wondering if the wireless adaptor has to be protected from the rain. I don't see it in your picture, is it hidden in the bumper? I was planning to mount the camera on the TM rear roof because some have said that at night the headlights of cars behind you will blind the camera...so I am not sure of a good way to protect the wireless transmitter from the road abuse and elements up there, or how to secure it so it doesn't flop around. Do you have any thoughts?

Thank you,
Trudy
Sorry for the slow reply -- I dont think im gettin email notifications.

I have the Wireless adapter Zip tied to the jack on the front of the TM.
You want the wireless distance to be a short as possible. I don't have it protected at all from the elements and its been fine for a few years now.
My camera gets its power from the tail lights, I have a 20foot RCA cable running underneath that plugs into the wireless transmitter.
The transmitter gets its power from the tail light circuit also except im tapped in @ the 8pin plug. ( i forget exactly how I did it but I think i ran a wires from under my sink. Thats were all the wires terminate )

I would have preferred it to be mounted to on the top of the roof but I didn't want to see wires and I didnt want to have to worry about sealing the holes I put in.
It would for sure be more functional up there as the headlights to blind the camera and make it pretty much useless.

On another note:

The Night Vision lights on the camera really do work. It will literally aid you to see enough in total darkness to back into a spot in the middle of the night.
Its supriseing how much those LED's do
Dave99gst is offline   Reply With Quote