View Single Post
Old 02-21-2021, 03:15 PM   #3
Larryjb
Site Sponsor

I expect that replacing the shower curtain is the best option.

I love the shower curtain mod so much I'd probably be aiming to do that for any future TM I'd get. However, I do notice that cheap velcro from Walmart doesn't last. It's the adhesive side that just comes right off. If any one has better ideas other than velcro, I'm all ears, but I will likely try marine grade velcro next.

If you don't want the shower mod, I'd look into replacing it with a new fabric shower curtain. We got one for our home because it is much easier to put into the washing machine, and water doesn't go right through it. It likely has to be cut and hemmed though, so some sewing skills might be necessary for this.

Perhaps a different version of the shower mod might involve the fabric curtain, but use rare earth magnets glued to the bathroom walls and sewn into the fabric shower curtain? This would allow the shower curtain to be more easily removed for washing and air drying of the bathroom walls so that mold doesn't have a chance to get started between a vinyl shower curtain placed using the velcro method.

2002 Tahoe
2008 4.6 Explorer
2001 2720SD

Various TM images that you may or may not find elsewhere:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/album.php?u=11700
Larryjb is offline   Reply With Quote