View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 11:24 AM   #28
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

When I pick up the camper the seller install two new tires 14" goodyears. He did not want to see me towing the camper with out new tires. Very appreciated. So the tire change is off for a while. I't looks like there is enough clearance to the inside fender to go to 15" without the lift.

When we backed up the drive one of the rear stab lightly touched the ground. So I think we will do the lift kit. I thinking about getting 2" or 2 1/4 tube from a hitch shop. Anyone use hitch tubing??? Any thoughts about using it?

I do need to replace the spare. It still has the blue striping as new tires have, but I'm sure the date code is somewhere around 2003. Playing with the thought of getting a 15" for the spare and if need it I could still limp along with a 14 on one side and a 15 on the other side? I would be one tire closer to 15.

I'm also thinking to get some steel plate 1/8 or 3/16 thick to make some mud flaps. I have really nice framing above the rear of the tire that I could attach the steel mud flap.
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote