View Single Post
Old 03-05-2014, 05:08 PM   #27
TM Pilot

Thanks, Earl & Dave.

I examined that kink and I don't think the Car Show Inc. bent the copper gas line. The soft copper line around the kink is weathered (oxidized, hardened) with the same appearance as the rest of the gas lines under the trailer. No recent scrapes/scratches. So I think that kink has been there a while. It may have even been there since new from the factory in 2006. The kink is in the exact place where the copper line would be bent to fish it up through the hole in the floor up toward the water heater. Even with the kink, the water heater works good on gas and the kink doesn't leak. And since the soft copper has hardened over the years and the kink hasn't leaked I've got some time before I have the line replaced. But first I want to finish my current TM project.

It now looks like I'll still have about 3 inches of clearance between the opening of my barn (7ft) and the top of the A/C unit after the lift kit install and the upgrade to 15" tires. I am going with ST205/75R15 8-ply Maxxis M8008 tires with 15x6 rims and 90psi valve stems through my local Discount Tire dealer. Those tires will give me about a 20% safety margin over my max axle weight and I won't have to mod my spare tire carrier. Should be done with this project next week. Next project will be mud flaps.
Thetford SmartTote 18LX
-------------------------------------------------------
2005 F150 5.4l 3V Triton V8; Maxxis Bravo H/T-770
Tekonsha Prodigy Brake Controller
RideControl by Air Lift
TM Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote