View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 01:42 PM   #9
T and C
TrailManor Master

bbguy,

Our TM is a 3023. When we weighed it on a CAT scale while on a trip we came up with right at 4000 lbs. 2720 owners report similar weights, sometimes even more depending on what they carry in it.

We tow with a 2010 F-150 with a 4.6 three valve V8. A few months ago on a trip from Orange County CA to Tucson AZ we got 20.0 mpg between Quartzite and Gila Bend AZ. (truck computer) We tow at about 55-60 mph. From Gila Bend to Tucson, crossing some low mountains, it went down to 18.6 mpg.

The reason I am sharing this with you is that here in CA gasoline is now running on both sides of $5.00 per gallon. ,

In a conventional stand up Travel Trailer you get between 8-12 mpg towing. I got 7 mpg once bucking a headwind. (different truck)

Many folks really pay attention to the cost of gas and their mileage. I am one of them. If you are in that bunch as well, you can see the advantage of the low profile Trail Manors. Then you add in the no-sway advantage, the lightness, and the storage advantage. For me, these were very attractive.

The high cost of the new ones was, for me, a problem. So I bought a 3 year old one. Each of us is different and in different $ circumstances. But for us the TM was the hands down best choice. After 3 years, it still is.

PS, to us the toilet issue is only a minor annoyance, and only on a few occassions.

Tom

TV 2010 F-150 4.6, factory tow pkg, air bags
T and C is offline   Reply With Quote