View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 09:39 PM   #5
Redhawk

We had the TM 2619 then went to the TM Elkmont, which is similar to the other trailers you mentioned. I really liked the 2619 and had no issues with the toilet or setup, but the wifey got tired of having to set up after a long day of traveling and wanted a more conventional bed arrangement, so we switched to the Elk. I love the Elk (it has it's own issues) but the major difference in towing compared to the 2619 can't be over stated. I had to purchase a WDH with sway control and lost approx 2 MPG with the Elk. I much prefer the RV style toilet, the bed, the full size frig, and layout of the Elk. I guess it best to say for the towing, you can't beat the 2619 (or 2720) TM, once set up though, I MUCH prefer the Elk. If you are towing all over North America, serioulsy consider the 2720, if a lot of weekend or week long camping trips in the home state are the plan, you'll probably be happier with a lite weight TT. A hard decision for sure, but it's pretty easy to deal with it either way. It kind of sounds like your wife is wanting the traditional style camper... if that's where you think you'll end up, well, you know the rest.
Best of Luck....make it fun!