View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 04:09 PM   #7
MudDog
TrailManor Master

I received a PM from one of our site sponsors asking for a better description of what an app like TapaTalk does.

From the reviews and screen shots I had a pretty good idea, but went ahead and downloaded it on my Smartphone and joined the TapaTalk user forum (which has the TapaTalk server plug-in installed).

It basically intercepts the data from the forum that would normally go to a broswer and reformats it for your Smartphone. You don't have to adjust the screen size up and down to be able to read message and navigate. Everything is re-formatted for your Smartphone and there are buttons and menu options for search, reply, new topic, read/send PM, etc built into the app, rather than trying to use a finger to hit a small link like you do when using the browser.

It basically makes the web based forum written for a browser (and big screen) seem as if it was written for the Smartphone with all of the menu/button Smartphone functionality you would expect in a Smartphone app.

I have used the Smartphone browser on occasion, but navigating screens and adjusting the screen size up and down to help my starting to go downhill eyesight is usually not worth the effort.

With TapaTalk it looks like using a Smartphone to check-in and post would be a lot easier on the eyes and would be easier to navigate.
Prodigy Brake Controller/TST TPMS
15" Maxxis M8008 225/75R15
Honda EU2000i (Tri-Fuel Converted)
160W Solar/Morningstar Sunsaver MPPT
Xantrex Link-Lite & ProWatt SW2000 Inverter

Current:
2016 KZ Vision 23BHS
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 3.5 EcoBoost
MudDog is offline   Reply With Quote