View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 02:50 PM   #6
camp2canoe

We made the mistake of locking both sets of keys in the TM at a Wisconsin state park. We tried for an hour to break in without doing major damage such as breaking out a window. Defeated we drove to Cassville where the closest thing to a locksmith or hardware store was a furnace shop. They couldn't help but introduced us to a shade tree mechanic who maintained the county's patrol cars and who followed us up to the park and tried to gain access through the door flap without success. He then decided to drill out the head of the bolt through the nylon flap that joins the door halves together but couldn't keep the drill centered on the curved bolt head.

About this time he was feeling quite challenged and drove back to town for a pneumatic grinder with a cut off wheel and planned to grind off the head of the bolt. Fortunately as he made his second pass across the bolt head I realized that he had created a perfect slot for a screwdriver and was able to turn the bolt to release the top of the door. Total time elapsed was about 2 1/2 hours during which we made enough noise to wake the dead. Do I feel secure in my '05 2619? Oh yeah! - camp2canoe