View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 09:29 AM   #30
KevinP

Mr. Boze, I have a 2005 2720SL, with the lift kit, and 15" tires. It does have the low profile A/C, which is probably what TM was putting on all the '05 models. My TM height is 80.5", my garage entry height is 83". The overall trailer width is 96.25". If I was to do the modifications described elsewhere on this forum by thepair, my trailer width could be reduced for storage to 7'10". My garage has a roll up door that sets back inside the frame, and is a little wider than the frame. If i had needed to, i could have removed the trim and put the seal on the backside of the frame instead to gain an extra inch overall. However, i'm putting it in a double bay. I back it in at an angle toward one side wall, and turn the front end of the trailer over toward the wall at the end, so the trailer ends up tucked into the recess behind the door opening by about 6". It makes for plenty of room for my wife to get in and out of her car. If you can get buy in for that plan, you will be probably be SO much happier over the long haul than if you have to wedge it into an opening that is equal, or nearly equal to your trailer width. Especially after you break a light off, or dent a shell. Several of us are willing to go to extremes to make a TM fit because we love the TM...but if you're ambivalent about which style of trailer to buy, buy the one that easiest to use. I've had tent trailers, slide in pickup campers, and a 5th wheel, and I much prefer the TM for the same reasons others have mentioned. But if it is a huge PITA to get it out to use it and it's the same to you as a tent trailer, you'll just be bitter everytime you're getting set up!