View Single Post
Old 11-13-2010, 07:02 PM   #28
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

That is very steep. But theoretically, you could still make the trailer level and safe if you build a wide enough riser for the tongue, and you prevented the wheels from moving. I presume you've already read at the beginning of this thread what I did to address the latter issue. Neither is hard to do, but it will take some work.

However, even if you could get the tongue stabilized at whatever height is required to make the unit level, you still need to make sure the rear bumper doesn't bottom out and prevent you from raising the tongue high enough.

When my TM is level in my driveway, the rear edge of my rear bumper is about 9.5" from the ground.

I just measured my driveway, and it is a 6 degree slope. Your driveway, with your measured 16.7% slope, is 9.5 degrees. (the equation is arctan of percentage slope = degrees)

Thus, according to my calculations, if I parked my 2720 TM in your driveway and leveled it, the rear bumper would clear by roughly 3 inches. And note that my 2720 includes the 2" lift kit, so the frame on my TM is about 17" off the ground at the axle. The newer models already have the lift kit installed.

So while it would take some work, you could level a TM in your driveway.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote