View Single Post
Old 11-13-2010, 05:02 PM   #24
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

As you see can from the pics earlier in this thread, I too park my TM on an incline such that I back the TM uphill. I wanted to be able to open the TM while parked as well, so I built a riser from the tongue jack. I just took an 8-foot long 2x12 of pressure treated lumber, cut it into 1-foot lengths, and stacked them up with the grain changing direction with each board, and screwed them together as I stacked them. I neglected to glue them together as well, so some of them warped a bit, but it still works fine. If I did it over again, I probably would use untreated lumber on all but the board that touches the ground, to help prevent the warping, and glue AND screw them together. But I also live in SoCal, where it rarely rains.

See the below pic -- the tongue jack is not fully extended. IIRC, my driveway slope is about 8-9 degrees, which is fairly steep. I can verify that if you'd like to compare it to yours.

Dave
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3142 (Custom).JPG
Views:	230
Size:	203.5 KB
ID:	5302  
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote